Thursday, July 17, 2008

Pixie's Quest for more Yarn (and cookies)

I wish you guys would comment! Please? Please? And yarn, I need more sock yarn. As for the challenge, I started Fanny with some yarn my mom found. Nick's socks are finished, to be photographed, Cot Blanket (which is on ravelry, and you haven't heard about or seen... yet) Has the first repeat of eight done, with the 2nd repeat halfway through. Opal socks are an ugh, because I can't get them lined up right on the needles. I frogged the first sock partway twice, but it refuses to get into optimum sock knitting position. The second sock, which is knitted straight from the ball, can't be finished until I know how long to make it to match the other one.

The sparkly buttony sweater is boring, and going far too slowly for me. I have it listed as 40% done, but I have the midsection half done and sleeves to go. Luckily, there's no sewing up to be done, except for the buttons.

I bought a book! Knitting Lingerie Style is supposed to come in the mail soon... hopefully tomorrow, before I leave for vacation. South Haven is the perfect Beach knitting getaway... I'm Taking Fanny and Cot Blanket, and maybe even Sparkly Buttony.

I'm working on a pattern for the new book being talked about in Teens Knit and Crochet on Rav. Should just cast it on and work it out, but I have so many other projects to do!

Oh, and I dropped Caliormetry from the challenge list, cause I don't feel like making it anymore. In case you were wondering, I just add all my project hopefuls to favorites on Rav until the challenge is over. I really don't think I'll get the socks done, with the shortage of sock yarn here at my house, and my vow not to buy anymore (except to finish projects).

I'll post more pictures later, probably instead of reading my summer assignment in English or AP US History. Ciao!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, I'll comment on yours if you comment on mine! I'm going to take a look at your site, but I saw your plea and decided to respond first.